Summer is upon us and that can only mean one thing. Another chapter in the Sharknado franchise. The only looked more too than the ridiculous special effects and story line is the cameos. Seems that any one who is any one wants to have their 10 seconds of glory in the franchise. Even some bodies who are nobodies.
You’ll see what I mean.
From the Press Release:
“SHARKNADO: THE 4th AWAKENS takes place five years after the East Coast was ravaged in last summer’s SHARKNADO 3: OH HELL NO!. Fin (Ziering), his family, and the cosmos have been blissfully sharknado-free in the intervening years, but now sharks – and ‘nados! – are being whipped up in places (and ways) least expected.
Tara Reid is also set to return as April Wexler to reveal the outcome of the fan-voted #AprilLives or #AprilDies social campaign. David Hasselhoff (as Gil Shepard) and Ryan Newman (as Claudia Shepard) will also reprise their SHARKNADO 3 roles. New additions to the SHARKNADO: THE 4TH AWAKENS cast include Gary Busey, Tommy Davidson, Imani Hakim, Cody Linley, Masiela Lusha, and Cheryl Tiegs.
SHARKNADO: THE 4TH AWAKENS is a production of The Asylum. Anthony C. Ferrante returns to direct an original screenplay written by Thunder Levin.”
Cameo-wise – here’s a list to gawk at:
- Cynthia Bailey (“The Real Housewives of Atlanta”)
- Robert Herjavec (“Shark Tank”)
- Kym Johnson (“Dancing with the Stars”)
- Carrie Keagan (TV host)
- T’Keyah Crystal Keymah (“In Living Color”)
- “Baywatch” stars Gena Lee Nolin and Alexandra Paul as Astro-X rocket scientists and astrophysicists
- Benjy Bronk (“The Howard Stern Show”) as a morning show host
- Duane Chapman (“Dog the Bounty Hunter”) as a chainsaw dealer
- Stacey Dash (actress and pundit) as the Mayor of Chicago
- Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts) as manager of the Shark World hotel
- David Faustino (“Married with Children”) as a Las Vegas gambler
- Lori Greiner (“Shark Tank”) as a home shopping guru
- Frank Mir (MMA fighter) as head of security for the Shark World hotel
- Vince Neil (Motley Crue); Wayne Newton (aka Mr. Las Vegas); and Todd, Savannah, and Grayson Chrisley (“Chrisley Knows Best”) as themselves
- Dr. Drew Pinsky (“Loveline”) as a pastor
- Patti Stanger (“Millionaire Matchmaker”) as a reporter
- Corey Taylor (Slipknot) as a Shark World hotel security guard
Here’s a video that highlights a handful of the cameos:
And here’s another that highlights the riveting story-line:
Even got some kick ass artwork! Did I mention the air date? In case I didn’t or you’ve forgotten already – Sharknado 4 airs on SYFY Channel on Sunday July 31st.
by: Dave Dreher