One of last years surprised announements – the release of Victor Crowley – a surprise fourth chapter in the popular Hatchet series from director Adam Green, is finally makes its way to home video. Coming our way on Feb. 6th – the disc will be packed. Here’s what we know.
Special features will include
- Audio commentary with writer/director Adam Green and actors Parry Shen, Laura Ortiz, and Dave Sheridan
- Audio commentary with writer/director Adam Green, cinematographer Jan-Michael Losada, editor Matt Latham, and make-up effects artist Robert Pendergraft
- Raising the Dead… Again – Extensive interview with writer/director Adam Green
- Behind the Scenes – Hour-long making-of featurette
What’s Victor Crowley all about you ask – got ya covered – check out the synopsis:
“Set ten years after the massacre featured in the series’ first three movies, lone survivor Andrew Yong has spent over a decade claiming that local legend Victor Crowley was responsible for the deaths of the forty-nine people killed in the original trilogy of films. Yong’s allegations have been met with widespread disbelief, but when a twist of fate puts him back at the scene of the tragedy, Crowley is mistakenly resurrected and Yong must face the bloodthirsty ghost from his past.”
Kane Hodder, Dave Sheridan, Brian Quinn, Tiffany Shepis, Felissa Rose, Laura Ortiz, Chase Williamson, Parry Shen, Blake Woodruff and Jonah Ray all star in this blood bath. Adam Green of course directs.
Remember, Feb. 6th.
One of my favorite films in recent memory has been Behind The Mask – The Rise Of Leslie Vernon – to this day this film has yet to get the respect it is due and I’m thrilled to be able to report that Scream Factory is all set to give this film the love it deserves.
The fan favorite label announced today that come next year they weill be giving Behind The Mask their royal “Collector’s Edtion” treatment and that my friends is nothing but good!
Here’s the announcement they made via social media:
“We’ve always made a point in the past to announce a future special upcoming title on this date and we’re doing the same today. This year’s exciting reveal is that the 2006 horror/satire cult favorite BEHIND THE MASK: THE RISE OF LESLIE VERNON will be joining the Scream Factory family soon!
Look for this all-new Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release in March of next year. More details to be announced end of Nov / early Dec.”
Soon as we get the official press release – the info will be yours to behold.
Oh that Scream Factory – nary a week goes by that we don’t get news of some kind of release that you know is going to end up in your collection. This time the Factory shines their light on George Romero with the announcement that Land of the Dead will be making an appearence in their much loved Collector’s Edition Blu-ray collection.
As we have become acustomed – Facebook is where the info gets debuted – here’s what they posted:
“We’ll thrilled to add another George A Romero film to our sinister roster this year in the form of LAND OF THE DEAD!
Project is still in progress but here’s what we can tell you so far:
– The Blu-ray release will be branded as a “Collector’s Edition” (of course!) that will come with a slipcover (guaranteed for three months after its original release date.)
– The newly-commissioned front-facing artwork you see pictured comes to us from The CRP Group (Rabid, Firestarter, Serial Mom). The reverse side of the wrap will showcase the original theatrical poster art design.
– Bonus features & specs are still in progress and will be announced sometime in Sept but we can confirm that this will be a 2-disc set and will include new extras plus the theatrical and unrated versions of the film.”
So – we’re going to have to wait a bit for those special features but we can tell you that this one will be hitting on Oct. 24th and we do have a look at that new artwork:
If you are so inclined – you can pre-order this baby now and if you do you’ll be rewarded with a rolled copy of that kick ass artwork you’re looking at right now. Go get it horror fans!
This film has earn a rather legendary place in the annals or horror history for no other reason then the fact that it has never gotten a proper DVD or Blu-ray release. I’m talking about The Poughkeepsie Tapes – the film has been in a completed state for a decade yet never seen the light of day. It was originally slated to be an MGM theatrical release but got pulled by the powers that be. It did see the light of day briefly in 2014 when DirecTV gave it a whirl but it has never seen a theater or home video release – until now.
Enter Scream Factory – who will be giving the film it just due on Oct. 10th with a Blu-ray / DVD Combo release.
Here’s what they posted via their Facebook page:
“From the filmmakers that brought you Quarantine and As Above, So Below comes a descent into the twisted crimes of a serial killer!
Throughout the 1990s, a serial killer terrorized upstate New York. After a decade-long crime spree conducted largely under the radar of law enforcement, the killer left behind the most disturbing collection of evidence homicide detectives had even seen – hundreds of homemade videotapes that chronicled the stalking, abduction, murder and disposal of his victims.
The Poughkeepsie Tapes examines these horrific tapes at length: what they reveal about the killer, why they were made and how FBI profilers have used them to better understand violent, psychopathic behavior. The Poughkeepsie Tapes combines interviews surrounding the devastating impact of the “Water Street Butcher,” with shocking footage from the tapes themselves.”
The also unleashed the artwork. Excited to finally be able to have a look at this one. Oct. 10th – remember the date!
Known for their kick ass Collector’s Edition releases – Scream Factory has set the standard by which all other horror releases are gauged and they just keep on pumping them out. The latest classic to get the treatment is the “hot alien must have sex” classic – Species.
A duel disc – this one is just stuffed with special features:
- NEW 4K scan of the film’s inter-positive
- Audio Commentary with Natasha Henstridge, Michael Madsen and director Roger Donaldson
- Audio Commentary with director Roger Donaldson, make-up effects creator Steve Johnson, visual effects supervisor Richard Edlund and producer Frank Mancuso Jr.
- NEW Afterbirth: The Evolution of SPECIES featuring interviews with director Roger Donaldson, cinematographer Andzej Bartkowiak, production designer John Muto, composer Christopher Young, creature designer Steve Johnson, chrysalis supervisor Billy Bryan and “Sil” creature supervisor Norman Cabrera
- From Sil To Eve – an interview with actress Natasha Henstridge
- Engineering Life
- HR Giger At Work
- The Making Of Species: The Origin, The Concept, The Discovery
- Designing A Hybrid
- Theatrical Trailer
- Alternate Ending
- Photo Galleries (Production Design, Creature Designs, Film Stills, Behind the Scenes photos, posters and lobby cards)
As they always do – Scream Factory commissioned some new artwork to grace the release – check this beauty out!
July 11th is when you’ll be able to pick this one up – unless you would rather pre-order it and snag yourself a print of that new cover art.