We’ve known for a about a month or so now that the Creepshow documentary Just Desserts was heading our way from Synapse Films. This is the full length documentary that was included in the kick ass double disc blu-ray of Creepshow that UK fans got a few years back and finally, finally US fans will get to feast their eyes on the behind the scenes fun.
Here’s what all the disc will hold:
• Audio commentary by director/editor Michael Felsher
• Audio commentary featuring interviews with actor John Amplas, property master Bruce Alan Miller and makeup FX assistant Darryl Ferrucci
• “CREEPSHOW Days”—an interview with director of photography Michael Gornick
• Extended interview segments with George A. Romero, Tom Savini and Bernie Wrightson
• Behind the Screams—a compilation of on-set video footage from Tom Savini
• “Horror’s Hallowed Grounds” with Sean Clark
• SCREAM GREATS VOLUME ONE: TOM SAVINI, MASTER OF HORROR EFFECTS with optional audio commentary by Tom Savini
• Vintage 1982 EVENING MAGAZINE segment shot on the set of the film, featuring rare cast and crew interviews
• “Behind the scenes of CREEPSHOW” photo gallery
Love the fact that they are including the classic Scream Greats!
Want to see a clip of what you can expect? I know – stupid question. Here’s a clip with Tom and George and a few other folks chatting about cockroaches.
Synapse will be releasing this beauty on July 12th for the stupid low price of $24.95. Hell, it’s worth the $24.95 for the kick ass artwork alone. Put this one on your must own list because well, it’s a must own.
by: Dave Dreher