Call it a physical edition – a hard copy – call it whatever the hell you want, the final word is that finally, FINALLY all of us will be able to have our chance to play Friday the 13th – The Game and we’ll be able to do it in time for Halloween.
The game made it’s much anticipated digital debut a few months back with those that backed the projects crowd funding campaign getting all kind of exclusive goodies but those of us who actually want to own a physical copy to hold in our hands were left in the lurch. Well, time for the happy dance!
Game creators Gun Media and IllFonic announced that fans will be able to get their hands on the goods on Friday Oct. 13th – ch, ch, ch, -ah, ah, ah….
The announcement came via the following trailer.
Here’s how they list the release:
- 1v7 Multiplayer: With maps spanning multiple iconic locations from the movie franchise; play online as either Jason Voorhees or a Camp Counselor trying to survive the night. The choice is yours!
- Killer Variety: Play as various incarnations of Jason Voorhees as depicted in the films. Each Jason has been hand-crafted with specific Strengths, Weaknesses, and exclusive brutal kills!
- Authentic to the Franchise: The game draws expertise from horror icons including Sean S. Cunningham, Tom Savini, composer Harry Manfredini and Kane Hodder.
- Unlock and Customize: Level up and unlock new playable Counselors or Jason models; spend hard-earned customization points on new kills for Jason or game-changing Perks for your Camp Counselors.
- Retail Disc Exclusive DLC: Exclusive free Bloody Jason Skin for all playable Jasons and free pack of clothing for each of the playable camp counselors.
Gonna set you back $40 but it’s money well spent. Lock that thing in now!